August 8, 2019
The Chalk VFX - View Post
Blackmagic design has been our camera of choice ever since the release of the Cinema Camera way-back-when. Currently we're using the Ursa Mini Pro G1 and a 4k Production camera. And now they've released they're next camera that will likely help to level the playing field in terms of resolution.
The 6K Pocket Cinema Camera. Here's the link, but I'll give you my top impressive features:
1. It's 6144 x 3456 resolution for $2500 dollars.
2. it has the same amazing bit depth and shoots blackmagic raw like the Ursa
3. It has a Super 35 size sensor of 23.10mm x 12.99mm - just a touch smaller than the Ursa's sensor coming in at 25.34mm x 14.25mm
4. You can jam sync the time code
6. EF mount lens (we have a lot if EF lens around here)!
There's a ton of other great features on this camera. I recommend following the link and seeing what it's all about. Enjoy.